First page Back Continue Last page Graphics
- have an effect on or elicit a response from living tissue.
- Refer to a substance that can be acted upon by a living organism or by an extract from a living organism.
- are constituents in foods or dietary supplements, other than those needed to meet basic nutritional needs, that are responsible for changes in health status.
- substance that has a physiological effect when ingested or otherwise introduced
- any synthetic, semi-synthetic, or natural chemical substance used in the treatment, prevention, or diagnosis of disease, or for other medical reasons