A. E. Gairdner
Articles written in Journal of Genetics
Volume 11 Issue 3 December 1921 pp 269-275
Volume 13 Issue 2 August 1923 pp 187-200
Volume 16 Issue 3 April 1926 pp 341-351
Volume 21 Issue 3 December 1929 pp 315-325
Two factors are described in
These factors are linked with about 10 per cent. of crossing over. Hence the double heterozygote
A periclinal white-over-green chimaera gave only white plants as seed parent. Its pollen was normal.
Volume 27 Issue 2 May 1933 pp 287-291
Plants have been obtained in which the lethal factors
Volume 32 Issue 2 April 1936 pp 189-228
Volume 32 Issue 3 July 1936 pp 479-486
Four pairs of allelomorphic factors are concerned in the flower colour of
There is one linkage group, involving the factors
The inheritance of doubleness and dwarfness is also dealt with.
Volume 35 Issue 1 October 1937 pp 97-128
Volume 36 Issue 3 September 1938 pp 509-514
1. From crosses between the peculiar type of
2. There is a larger proportion of ♀ gametes than ♂ gametes with the full chromosome number.
3. The results indicate that successive generations, when each one is outcrossed with
5. The proportion of sporophytes with the full chromosome number on selfing from reciprocal crosses is higher in
6. It is concluded that a process at the sexual stage has the same effect as a reduction or at least that chromosomes are eliminated at this stage. Further, it is indicated that selection of embryos or gametes occurs or a difference in compatibility exists and that the plasma is responsible for this.
Volume 100, 2021
Continuous Article Publishing mode
Click here for Editorial Note on CAP Mode