The inheritance and linkage relations of curly leaf and virescent bud, two mutants in Asiatic cotton
1. Curly leaf, cu, and virescent bud, v1, are two newly discovered genes affecting seedlings. Both of them are completely recessive, and form single-factor pairs with the normal.
2. It is shown that curly leaf and leaf shape are linked, with a crossover value not far from 16·6%.
3. Curly leaf and the following characters are independently inherited: anthocyanin pigmentation, corolla colour, lint colour and seed fuzz.
4. Virescent bud and the following characters are independently inherited: curly leaf, anthocyanin pigmentation, corolla colour, seed fuzz, leaf shape and yellow seedling.
5. From the linkage studies of Hutchinson and the writer, it is concluded that the lint colour genes which they investigated are distinct.
Volume 100, 2021
Continuous Article Publishing mode
Click here for Editorial Note on CAP Mode